I spend a good portion of my day reading political blogs, for which I used to use Google Reader. Since Google announced Readers demise a few months ago, I’ve since switched to Feedly and, while it’s visually pleasing with it’s magazine style layout, I do miss the simplicity of Reader. What blogs do I read? I read liberal blogs, for sure, but I also read objective and conservative blogs as I enjoy hearing differing viewpoints. What follows is a list of my five favorite blogs in my Feedly account, in no particular order.
1. Outside The Beltway – Run by a group of experienced politicos, this site provides a wealth of information, updated numerous times per day, sparking intelligent discussion.
2. Political Wire – Founded by Taegan Goddard, Political Wire provides constant information on the goings on within the political arena, always providing thought provoking insight.
3. RedState – This is probably the most popular conservative blog and it provides exceptional content, often user provided, with a slant to the right.
4. Election Law Blog – Run by a law professor from UC Irvine, this blog provides legal insight into politics such as legislation, voting rights and judicial nomination.
5. Florida Politics with Frank Torres – This daily read provides me with a focus on local politics from an objective viewpoint, something which is rather refreshing.
I certainly have more than just these five in my daily reads but these five are what I consider to be the best that I read and I thank them for their quality. What are your favorites?
Latest posts by Bryan Driscoll (see all)
- Where is the Outrage from the Right? - February 19, 2017
- Eight Days - January 29, 2017
- Tomorrow - January 21, 2017